I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season with crisper days.
Remember to change your air filters if you havn’t already.
Just a reminder of the new options I have for ordering supplements. This is a convenient way to order the supplements from the comfort of your home.
Whole Script(Xymogen): https://www.wholescripts.com/register/xymo9186-brown
I also want you to know that for the month of December Direct Labs has their Comprehensive Wellness Profile (CWP) on sale for $59. This is a great price for a well rounded blood test. These are the tests included: Lipids (cholesterol), Comprehensive Metabolic Panel-14, Phosphorus, Complete Blood Count, Uric Acid, LDH, Iron Total, and TSH. If you have funds left in your FSA this is a great way to use these. I can review these labs and give you an evaluation of your labs for $50.
I am offering two online programs. I am listing one here: Foundations of Health Through Food and Spirit. The other program, Whole Life RX, I will tell you more about soon.
Here are some tips to navigate the holidays and avoid digestive pain:
1. Put the most healthful foods at eye level in the fridge and in the pantry or cupboards. You are 3 times likely to take the first thing you see.
2. Use smaller plates. People will eat 92% of what they serve. Plates use to be a typical size of 101/2 inches, now they are 121/2 inches. You will serve 22% less on a 10” plate because the plate looks full.
3. Don’t put the serving bowls or pans on the table, leave them on the stove or the counter.
4. Put your fork down between bites, take your time, talk, and enjoy the company.
5. When you eat have half your plate fruits and veggies, salad, and the other half meat, grains, or potatoes, etc. Same rule applies for 2nd’s and 3rds.
6. Diabetic-stick by meats and veggies
7. Have a plan before you go eat. When get dressed visualize being there, talking, laughing, smiling, and having fun, and seeing yourself choosing this and choosing that to eat
8. If feeling victimized… vs I am going to make choices best for me.
I hope you enjoy these fun recipes:
3 Sticks cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
3 Quarts water
Boil these 3 for 30 minutes
Add 1 Cup honey
1 Qt. pinapple juice
1 Qt. grape juice
1/3 can additional grape juice
Simmer, strain, and enjoy.
4 TBSP worchestershire sauce
2-3 tsp sea salt
11/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
18 Cups Rice Chex
2 Cups pretzels(opt.)
Bake 1 hour 250 degrees, stir every 15 minutes
¼ Cup coconut oil
11/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
11/2 tsp sea salt
Another variation: Optional to use the coconut oil and sea salt and sprinkle with Um Plum Vinegar. And Stir.
Bake 250 degrees, bake 1 hour, stir every 15 minutes
You have a wonderful week.
Marquelle Brown, CNS*, Functional Medicine Nutritionist